Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Gif Post: Because Words Take Time

Ok, so I haven't written anything awesome and groundbreaking for a while. This is largely due to the fact that my new job is... actually a job.

To put this into context for you, here is what I would typically look like for a minimum of two hours on any given 8 hour work day at my old job:

And, since starting at KU, I have been going in a minimum of 4 hours early and staying, on average, an hour late (granted, my work day is only contractually 5 hours) and I have looked like this:

There's just... a crazy amount of paperwork to wade through, meetings to attend, lesson plans to craft, and cuteness to create. This month I'm only working with the KU Hagwon Children's program and I've taught children a whole... never in my life. It's not bad, but it's an adjustment. However, THEY ARE SO DAMNED CUTE!

For the past year I've been with Korean high school girls, who are awesome like this:

But Korean children are cute like this:
But multiply that by 1,000,000,000

Which means I must cutefy everything, but it is an exact science:



But, I gotta say, my death stare works WAY better on these kids than it ever did on my teenagers.

With kids, I'm all like...
And the boys go...
While the girls...


But when I taught high school I would be like...
And the girls would just go...
Until I was just like...


But one thing is still the same. When they don't know what I'm saying, no matter the age, they're all just like...

So yeah, I think it's going to be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment