Friday, June 1, 2012

Week in Review: May 26th-June 1st

The Good:
-Went to Wando and Yeosu with Seung Hyun, had a super awesome fun time, reviewed it fully in the post just below.
Aint we adorable?
- Found out I have a job with Korea University starting in September.
- De-seeded and ate a whole bunch of watermelon using only chopsticks, never my hands.

The Bad:
- Started a diet with Seung Hyun where we eat no meat and no junk food. We decided to start this diet on the worst week of the month.
Shark Week
- My job at Korea University does not provide housing, so now I have to look for an apartment, the second most soul-crushing endeavor one can undertake (the top being job hunting)
- Learned that my break between contracts is only one week, meaning that I will go to the States during my summer break instead, this is going to make me super broke.

This is too depressing for a gif or picture

K-Pop Video of the Week:
The K-Pop Video of the Week will always be the music video my students ask for the most (remember, I teach in an all girls high school).

This week was easily lorded over by Infinite's "The Chaser"


I must say, I am not the biggest fan of Infinite. Their music is interesting, but I think they overplay their androgynous qualities to the point where it's annoying. The dance in this video is so-so, except for the beginning and the super sexy part where most of them are on their knees. I like the song a bit better now that I know what the lyrics mean. The hook to the backing track is pretty cool but the entire song is too high pitched for me to want to listen to it over and over again.

Since this is the first week I'm going to go ahead and do two music videos. The second most requested was "Tarantallegra" by Xia Junsu:


I really really really don't like this song. It's repetitive... like, broken-record repetitive. I have some respect for the song just because Tarantallegra is the spell from Harry Potter used to force a person to dance, fitting for a song that is continuously ordering you to dance in Korean. I also have a little bit of respect for the video because it uses female dancers who are C-U-R-V-Y and Junsu is totally feeling up on these ladies; very awesome. However, these few seconds of Junsu looking grotesquely sexy make the entire music video worth while:

I mean COME ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment